Care Improvement Plus, the nation’s leading health plan solution for Medicare beneficiaries with chronic illnesses and the National Family Caregivers Association (NFCA) welcome Racine area seniors with chronic conditions and their loved ones to participate in a free and fun educational event called, “Staying Healthy Together.”
Local seniors and their family caregivers will have the opportunity to learn key strategies for maintaining their health and how to navigate challenging healthcare issues including medication management, communicating with health providers, and managing transitions of care.
Highlights of the event include:
- Health advocacy workshop for family caregivers and care recipients
- Caregiving support and resource information
- Healthy Cooking Demonstration & Recipe Ideas
- Free Lunch
- Educational giveaways for caregivers and their loved ones
WHEN & WHERE:
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Roma Lodge (7130 Spring St. Racine, WI 53406)
- Maya Hennessey, Volunteer, National Family Caregivers Association
- Vicki Ambrosius, Community Relations Manager, Care Improvement Plus
Reservations are required as seating is limited. To RSVP, contact Care Improvement Plus at 1-866-769-1597 (TTY: 711).