Liberty Mutual Insurance, one of the nation’s leading auto and home insurers with three greater Milwaukee offices, today launched “Like My Community TM,” a Facebook- based campaign to provide nearly $100,000 in support to local Milwaukee non-profit causes, all of which have been nominated by local Liberty Mutual agents. Liberty Mutual will provide three separate organizations with $30,000 each for improvements and renovations, and Milwaukee residents will vote for their favorite causes. From May 9 through August 1, residents can visit facebook.com/libertymilwaukee to cast a vote for one of seven causes, with the top three earning the awards in late August.
Liberty Mutual agents from the greater Milwaukee area nominated these causes for the tremendous impact they have on their communities. The agents also are personally connected to the organizations through family, friends and even personal experiences. “Just like our customers, Liberty Mutual Insurance agents live and work in the Milwaukee community, and we’re proud to support organizations our local agents are passionate about,” said Dave Lindke, area manager for Liberty Mutual, the nation’s eighth-largest auto and home insurer.
“Our local agents are committed to helping customers protect their cars and homes, and also feel responsible for making their communities a better place to live and work,” continued Lindke. “In today’s challenging economy, funding is hard to find for many of these organizations, and we are excited to engage Milwaukee residents in a campaign that will help address improvement and renovation needs within these worthy organizations.”
Large, three-dimensional Facebook “Like” buttons have been installed across the city to prominently identify the nominated Like My Community causes. Community members can vote once per day per cause at facebook.com/libertymilwaukee, and can share the videos with friends via their Facebook News Feed or via email. Liberty Mutual also is supporting Like My Community with local radio, print and billboard advertisements.
Each worthy organization also is featured in a video on the Like My Community Milwaukee Facebook page, with a message from the local Liberty Mutual agent or agents that support the project explaining why the cause matters to them and how the cause would use the award money. The short videos also offer a behind-the-scenes look at each cause and the people they serve or missions they accomplish, accompanied by anecdotes from the Liberty Mutual agents describing how the causes make a real difference for members of the Milwaukee community.
Milwaukee Like My Community nominees include:
- Albrecht Free Clinic – Provides free medical care to uninsured and underinsured residents of Washington County, Wisconsin
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin – Offers health services to children and specializes in congenital heart disease, as well as pediatric heart, lung and bone marrow transplantation
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission – Supplies shelter, food, education and training to help the homeless in the Milwaukee area
- Ozaukee Interurban Trail – A 30-mile paved trail that spans the entire length of Ozaukee County and offers free access for bikers, runners, skiers and families year-round
- Prevention & Protection of Abused Children, Inc. (PPAC) – Provides children and families with positive role models and opportunities for family enrichment
- Washington County Humane Society – Aims to protect animals from suffering and cruelty, provide care for animals afflicted by neglect and abandonment, and enhance the lives of animals and people through education, adoption and compassion
- West Bend Baseball Association – Committed to preserving, promoting and supporting youth, high school and adult baseball in West Bend
Twenty Liberty Mutual sales and customer service agents serve the auto and home insurance needs of greater Milwaukee residents from three local offices: two in the city at 11800 West Park Place and 330 East Kilbourne Avenue, and one in Brookfield at 15700 West Bluemound Road.