The 7th annual, Sankofa Health and Wellness Forum will be held on Sat., April 23, 2011 at the Northside YMCA located at 1350 W. North Avenue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The Sankofa Health and Wellness Forum is a community event held to increase awareness of cancer prevention and early detection among Milwaukee’s African American community. The event is at no cost to the community and includes cancer education sessions, screening opportunities and resources from local health organizations as well as a complimentary breakfast and lunch for our guests.
The forum will include the following key features:
- Culturally sensitive educational workshops regarding early detection
- A special cancer survivor resource suite hosted by Columbia St. Mary’s
- Diabetes risk assessments
- Clinical breast exams
- Special breast cancer survivor suite hosted by Aurora Sinai Medical Center
- Local community resources
To register for this event please call:(888) 523-7581, and same day registration begins at 8:30 am at the site of the event.