Kids of all ages can enjoy family focused entertainment and activities in The Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Northwestern Mutual’s Children’s Theater and PlayZone!
The Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Northwestern Mutual Children’s Theater and PlayZone features not only jungle gyms and slides, but a children’s theater and interactive activities for the whole family! This area is open daily, all 11 days of the festival, from 12:00 – 8:00 pm. Also, be sure to stop by the Target Kid’s Activity Tents any day between Noon and 5:00 pm to engage in these FREE family activities presented by Target:
- Discovery World June 24 – July 4 Stop by the children’s area where children can make their own polymers to understand how they work! Or stop by and get excited about the world of chemistry and check out the Discovery World: Fun With Chemistry show daily at the Children’s Theater.
- Check out U B the Band and discover what it’s like to be a rock star! It’s your chance to shine! This interactive musical show features a full rock-band style set-up with two drum sets, guitar, bass and microphones. Members of the audience select from a song list. No experience necessary! This exhibit runs June 24 – July 2.
- Artists Working in Education (AWE) will work creatively with children to stimulate curiosity and encourage imagination. Stop by to create your own masterpiece on June 24, 25 and 26!
- Engage in activities with the Milwaukee Center for Independence (MCFI) on June 28. MCFI is a communitybased agency serving children, adults and families with special needs since 1938. What does your child’s name look like in American Sign Language? Stop by and create a “make and take” bookmark of your child’s name.
Monday, June 28 is Sentry Foods and Dean’s Milk & Ice Cream Children’s Fest Day with TODAY’S TMJ4. Spend a fun-filled day with the family enjoying FREE Children’s Fest activities. All patrons arriving between Noon and 3:00 pm will be admitted FREE, and select food vendors will offer discounts on food & beverage items. Also, be sure to complete the Map of Fun scavenger hunt to enter for a chance to win Family Ticket Package giveaways.
- Enjoy a welcome to Summerfest with the Annual Mascot Welcome at the Mid-Gate! The Wacky Wheel will welcome everyone along with the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club’s Famous Racing Sausages ™, Milwaukee Bucks Bango, Dragonfly Stiltwalker and many more! Also, stop by the demonstrations of Charger Robotics and FIRST Robotics teams!
- The Children’s Health Education Center Family Helmet Program will teach that bike helmets are a necessity, not an accessory. Children’s Health Education Center and Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition will be selling bike helmets for $10 from Noon – 3:00 pm on June 28 while supplies last. Free fitting required with all purchases. Cash only.
- Pick up a copy of the Map of Fun at Summerfest or bring your copy from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in June 28 subscriptions and newsstands. Obtain a stamp on your map at each of the locations throughout the festival grounds. Present completed maps at the South Redemption Area across from Chipotle and enter for a chance to win one of the Family Ticket Package giveaways. Grebe’s Bakeries will have a special treat for the kids who complete the Map of Fun, while supplies last. Children will receive a prize for participating.
- Receive special kids’ activities, promotions and coupons from our festival partners in our Family Fun Bags! A limited number of bags will be distributed at each gate, while supplies last.
Families can create art projects like splatter drawings, animal sculptures, mood paintings, bottle cap magnets and much more at the Kohl’s Color Wheels Van! Kohl’s Color Wheels is a mobile extension of the Kohl’s Art Generation, a youth art education initiative made possible through a $1 million gift from Kohl’s Department Stores to the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Kohl’s Color Wheels Van will be open daily from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
The Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge & Ram Truck SportsZone with Newsradio 620 WTMJ is the ultimate for sports fans! This area offers interactive daily programming including sports demonstrations from the Milwaukee Admirals, the Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Wave and other 2010 Graduates pro athletes, local university teams, robotics demonstrations and much more! Plus, watch live broadcasts of “Sports Central” and “Wisconsin Sports Weekend” shows.
The Elizabeth “Bo” Black Family Fountain with B93.3 FM provides an interactive fountain for kids of all ages to splash and play the day away, while adults keep cool too! Your family’s day at Summerfest would not be complete without a stop at the family fountain. Listen to B93.3 FM for special Summerfest promotions.