The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works (DPW) announces new collection schedules for garbage and recycling effective Monday, April 7, 2014. DPW workers are placing tags on City residents’ carts that include collection schedules and information about Project Clean & Green, bulky and brush collections and recycling.
Residents can go to http://mpw.milwaukee.gov/services/garbage_day for information on a specific address, such as their garbage and recycling collection days and their Project Clean & Green pick-up date.
City residents with curbside collection must roll their garbage and recycling carts to the curb by 7:00 a.m. on their designated collection day. Carts must be returned to storage areas by 10:00 p.m. that day.
Collection days will change after each City holiday and furlough day. There will be no collections made on the following City holidays and furlough days:
• Good Friday: April 18
• Memorial Day & furlough day: May 23 & 26
• Independence Day & furlough day: July 3 & 4
• Labor Day & furlough day: August 29 & September 1
• Thanksgiving: November 27 & 28
• Christmas Eve and Day: December 24 & 25
• New Year’s Eve and Day: December 31 and January 1, 2015
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: January 19, 2015
Brush and tree limb collection began April
1. Brush piles must be smaller than two (2) cubic yards, or the size of a standard couch.
Call 286-CITY (2489) to schedule a pick-up.
City residents are encouraged to take their “e-waste” – televisions, computers, printers, and other electronics – to either of the self-help stations located at 3879 W. Lincoln Ave. or 6660 N. Industrial Rd. Sanitation crews will not pick up these items.
To learn more about the self-help centers – what you can drop off, hours of operation, and more – go to http://city.milwaukee.gov/mpw/divisions/operations/environmental/sanitation/SelfHelpCenters.htm.
For more information, please call 414.286.CITY (2489) or visit www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw.