Take advantage of early voting Oct. 22 through Nov. 2
In Wisconsin, early voting is simple and an easy way for voters to avoid any last minute issues that may arise, and still have time to correct them. Voters can begin voting here as early as Oct. 22 through Nov. 2, 2012. Voters can register when they vote at their early vote location (or at their polling place on Election Day).
You do not need a photo ID to vote in this election. If you want to register and vote early at your municipal clerk’s office between Oct. 22-Nov. 2, or register and vote on Election Day at your polling location, here is what you need to bring: A Wisconsin driver’s license or state-issued ID number, or the last four digits of your social security number (if you do not have the WI ID or driver’s license).
- A document that proves where you live-it can be paper or electronic and must include both your complete name and your current Wisconsin address.
- Wisconsin driver’s license, or state-issued ID card.
- Bank statement or a paycheck.
- Current lease.
- Property tax bill either 2011 or 2012.
- Any utility bill from the past 90 days (internet and cell phone bills included).
- Any document issued by a unit of the government.
- Your student ID card and fee receipt from the past 9 months with your school address.
- Your proof of residence document can be shown on a smartphone, tablet or laptop. If you get cell phone, utility bills, bank statements, or other forms of bills online-all you need to do is bring your electronic device with you to the polls in order to have the ability to bring up your proof of residence.
- You will also need to bring proof of residence if you are a first-time voter in Wisconsin who registered by mail and did not provide a document that proves where you live when you mail in your registration.
For more information on early voting locations, and how to register, Wisconsin voters can to to www.ownyourvotewi.com.
And for any additional questions about voting in Wisconsin, please contact the Government Accountablity Board at (608)266- 8055 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.